Most of the Carpenters are of a quiet, unassuming, uncomplaining disposition - always ready to support any good work.

Interesting to note a common virtue among the men in the family - always showing kindness and thoughtful concern to their companions and children.

--Profiles, Portraits and Posterity of Erastus Snow Carpenter

Saturday, December 6, 2008

Ora Carpenter Omerza journal, July 20-24, 1981

20 July 1981

Today is Florence’s birthday. She invited me to have lunch with her and her girls. I enjoyed it very much. After lunch the girls cleaned up the dishes and then had to get back to their families. Florence and I visited for awhile in the afternoon.

I stopped by to see Madge and while I was there Marlene called and wanted to come to Madge’s to swim. I was going to bring Marnee back home with me so Marlene and children came to swim and Marlene invited me to have supper with them. After supper we, Marnee and I, came on home. It was a good day.

21 July 1981

Marnee and I went shopping this morning. We got Marnee a pair of pants. She seemed so happy with them.

22 July 1981

Jay came to visit for lunch today. I think Marnee was glad to see him. We had a good visit. It’s so nice having Marnee here. We enjoyed the day.

23 July 1981

Marnee and I did a little sewing today. We are making her a skirt from one of my dress skirts. In the afternoon she went with me to the Library. We enjoyed looking at the I.G.I. [International Genealogical Index]. She found some of her family. After we got home from the Library we went out for Mexican food.

24 July 1981

Today is Marlene’s birthday. Marnee and I finished up our sewing. Marnee had a pattern for a purse or a tote bag. She cut it out while I finished the skirt we started. Jay came for Marnee after work. They were having a family party for Marlene at her sister’s home. It was so nice having Marnee here. It’s good to get better acquainted with the grandchildren.

No comments: