Most of the Carpenters are of a quiet, unassuming, uncomplaining disposition - always ready to support any good work.

Interesting to note a common virtue among the men in the family - always showing kindness and thoughtful concern to their companions and children.

--Profiles, Portraits and Posterity of Erastus Snow Carpenter

Sunday, November 2, 2008

Ora Carpenter Omerza journal, June 7-11, 1981

7 June 1981

Gave my Relief Society lesson on Repentance today. It was a hard lesson to give. In preparing it I had felt so strongly that someone needed that specific lesson. I’m not sure if I gave what they needed. No one commented after the lesson. Very few bore testimony. I hope I touched someone. I gained a lot from studying. Maybe I was the one who needed it most.

Madge and children came in the afternoon. John and Eldon were on a trip to Mexico. She brought the book Sister Thomas had donated to the Genealogical Library in memory of Em. Madge had printed the notation in the front of the book. She does such beautiful printing. I enjoyed visiting with them. They are all so dear to me.

8 June 1981

Rather a routine day. A little washing sewing and yard work.

9 June 1981

Gladys and I went to the Temple. We went to the 8:30 a.m. and 10:30 sessions. With the warm weather all the winter visitors are gone and the sessions were small. Voted in the afternoon on some city bond issues.

10 June

Spent the morning sewing. I’m so slow it takes forever to get a dress made anymore.

11 June 1981

Today is Linnea’s birthday. Four years old. She is such a delightful little girl. She always gives me special attention. When most of the grandchildren’s greeting is ‘Hi grandma’ Linnea’s is a little more individual. I like that.

No comments: