Most of the Carpenters are of a quiet, unassuming, uncomplaining disposition - always ready to support any good work.

Interesting to note a common virtue among the men in the family - always showing kindness and thoughtful concern to their companions and children.

--Profiles, Portraits and Posterity of Erastus Snow Carpenter

Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Ora Carpenter Omerza's journal 2 Oct 1977

Oct. 2, 1977

Today was a very special day for me. We listened to General Conference on T.V. in the morning and at five o’clock we went to Sacrament Meeting with Ted and Nancy and Ted blessed little Jennifer Marie. My baby boy blessing his baby daughter. It was a beautiful blessing. One thing I especially remember that she would always be able to choose between right and wrong and that she would choose the right. It sounded so special the way it was said.

It was also a very humbling experience for me to hear Ted and Nancy both bear their testimonies. It was the first time. Something I have waited for. Since Nancy came into the Church just a year before they were married I feel a great responsibility toward her. I feel like she is my very own. I was so greatful for their testimonies today and for their love for each other and their little daughter.

Another joy was to have Nancy’s parents there and to have them mingle with our family. It was a very spiritual day for me.


Eventually I'll get Grandma's journal made into book form for everyone. For now, you will have to make do with installments. This is the first one in my transcript as it appeared in the journal. The original journals are handwritten composition books perhaps 9"x7" with white covers which I returned to Madge several years ago.

Love to you all! Marnee

No comments: